Bright red and completely natural, this is what fake blood looks like. It serves to scare the other person. Anyone interested in fake blood doesn’t necessarily have to buy it in a store or online. Because fake blood is straightforward and inexpensive to produce in a few simple steps. There are various manufacturing options to choose from. We present two different recipes for the production of fake blood and provide extensive further information on this bloody topic.
What is fake blood used for, and when is it needed?
Artificial blood is used on different occasions. For example, it is indispensable in a dramatic theater production or film shoot. The brutality of a specific scene is shown to the viewer through the red mixture, easily recognizable even from a distance. The fake blood creates a shock effect and underlines the respective action. Therefore, not only theater professionals use this effect. Fake blood is also used in animal welfare campaigns. Because the eye-catching red enhances the representations, in this case, the blood is a symbol of agony and torture. It is vital to use fake blood discreetly so as not to have an annoying effect. In addition, phony blood is high season at Halloween when it comes to
The best fake blood recipes to make yourself
If you want to make fake blood yourself, you have different recipes to choose from. So you can, for example, rely on vegetable blood or opt for artificial blood with coloring or food coloring. Depending on what you want to do with the fake blood, one or the other variety is more likely to be right for you. The instructions below explain step-by-step how to make the artificial blood in minutes. Of course, the number of ingredients can increase depending on the amount of fake blood desired. Since it can make very quickly, it can cook at any time.
Make a recipe for artificial blood from dye or food coloring yourself
The dye blood is exceptionally thick. Therefore it is also very suitable for make-up. It can usually only produce in small quantities. It’s also a little more expensive compare to the first recipe.
Ingredients and materials
- 300ml water
- 10g starch
- Food colors in red. Also yellow and blue
- possibly cocoa powder
- A pot
- A whisk
- A small bowl
- A bottle for filling
- A funnel
Prepare fake blood with food coloring
- 300 ml of water is brought to a boil in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, mix 10g starch in a little lukewarm water in a separate bowl. The best way to do this is to quickly turn between your hands with a whisk to prevent clumping.
- When the water boils, the starch can be added while stirring. It is essential not to forget the constant stirring so that no lumps formed.
- Now the red food coloring can be added. How much use here depends on the desired shade of red. It is best to use it carefully. You can always give more. Optional: A little blue can add to the red and at the end a little yellow according to your ideas. In this way, you get precisely the artificial blood button to your taste.
- Optional: a little cocoa powder darkens the shade of red, creating perfect and real-looking blood.
- After the mass has boiled for 2 minutes and all the ingredients from the recipe have been used, it can be removed from the stove. Voilà – the fake blood is ready!
Let the fake blood cool down, and then fill it into a bottle using a funnel. Then close the bottle and shake the liquid well. In this way, the entire dye can optimally distribute in the liquid.
2. Make a recipe for artificial blood from vegetable juice or fruit juice yourself
The recipe for vegetable blood is particularly suitable for making large quantities of the liquid. Another plus is the low cost. In addition, this type of fake blood looks convincingly lifelike.
Ingredients and materials
- Red juice, for example, cherry juice or optionally also beetroot juice.
- food starch
- Cocoa powder or orange juice
- A big pot
- A spoon or whisk to stir
Prepare fake blood with vegetable juice
- First, put the juice in the saucepan and stir the cornstarch into the liquid. The starch makes the fake bloods thicker. The mixing ratio of three tablespoons of starch to one liter of juice applies. But you also have options here so that the artificial blood becomes as thin or thick as you need it.
- Stir thoroughly and until all the cornstarch is dissolved. Only then can the liquid heat. If you add heat to it beforehand, you risk clumps forming in the fake blood.
- Turn on the hotplate and bring the fake blood to a boil. In doing so, you need to stir the liquid constantly.
- Control the intensity of the color. If this is to your taste, you do not need to add any other ingredients to the mixture. To vary this, you have the option of stirring in cocoa powder or orange juice, for example. After mixing in, heat the blood again.
- If the color of the blood is what you want, turn off the hotplate so that the blood cools down. If the mixture is still too thin, add a little cornstarch. Afterward, however, it has to boil again.
Also Read: how to clean shoes