We know that you are already becoming an expert in dress and fashion, but do you know how to clean shoes according to the skin?
We are already getting to know your tastes, and there is some other footwear that you find challenging to get rid of because it meets the three requirements for it to become a favorite: comfort, style, and color. Yes, the latter will shock you, but if you are comfortable due to the material and going with it in fashion, it has a color that you wear it with what you put it on, you will match it. And that it meets this requirement is lovely, especially when you wake up half asleep and “catch the first thing you find.”
And since you like it so much and don’t stop putting it on, problems come. Footwear gets dirty and wears out due to not knowing how to take care of it carefully.
Tips for cleaning and caring for shoes
Like people, shoes must be pampered and cared for in different ways.
For example, you shouldn’t treat a leather shoe the same as a suede or patent leather shoe. These materials are entirely different, and each one has a technique or way to clean them.
Because if by chance you apply a different cleaning technique or use a product that you should not, the skin can be damaged. For this and many more reasons, we want you to learn how to clean different types of footwear according to their material as a way of caring for them.
When dressing, you must understand that we take great care to treat the garments, such as coats and shoes. It is a way for the shoes to look new for a long time. So no more talking, we are going to learn the different cleaning methods for each shoe.
Tips on how to clean shoes and care for them
Wearing clean and shiny shoes always gives an image of responsibility, hygiene, and elegance. But how do you clean shoes? And above all, how often?
- Always clean them. Ideally, every time you put them on, you pay a little attention to them. We all know how fast our life is going, and we don’t have a second to stop to clean our shoes, but we should know that the more we take care of them from day one, the better.
- Save them. It seems that this word is unnecessary but nothing else out of reality. The rush leads us to want to rush home and put on our comfortable slippers. But storing them correctly avoids a lot of wear and tear on the shoe.
As we already know, there are many types of shoes and many kinds of leather and materials, and each one needs a way of being treated when cleaning and wearing them. That is why we will give you several tips depending on what type of material and leather.
How to clean leather shoes?
- Clean the dirt residues either with a damp cloth or with a soft bristle brush.
- Apply the bitumen of the corresponding color or colorless, as you prefer.
- Once the shoe polish is dry, remove it with a brush to give it shine. Always use one suitable for shoes.
- And for a spectacular, glossy finish, wipe them off with a soft dry cloth, and you’ll see the results.
You must also nourish them to hydrate the leather from time to time, not crack and open. Particular types of shoe moisturizer will help you hydrate them well and look new. Please do this “maintenance” two or three times a year.
NOTE: if we have metallic leather shoes, there are specific strains on the market for those colors. This way, we will avoid friction on the toes and heels, which always appear with use.
Remember that you can find a comprehensive catalog of shoes on our website.
How to clean suede and suede shoes?
The procedure to do a good cleaning is similar to that of leather.
- First, we must brush the shoe to remove any dirt or dust that it has. As it is suede, always brush it in the direction of the hairs of the material so that it does not spoil.
- If they have a small stain, you can use an eraser or white bread crumb, making a ball you can use as a rubber substitute, applying it to the paint, and removing the remains with a suede brush.
- If we want to get rid of more difficult stains, moisten a cloth with white vinegar that, in addition to working, revives the color of the shoe and rubs carefully. Try to blot the stain with a paper towel and let it dry before cleaning the stain.
- If we want to clean the shoe of water stains, we will moisten the shoe evenly, placing some newspaper inside so that they do not deform. Remove the traces of water with a sponge, and let them dry in a dry place without giving them sunlight.
How to clean patent leather?
- Remove the accumulated dust with a cloth dampened in water, and let it dry.
- Apply with a dry cloth a cream, either petroleum jelly or special waxes for shoes. If you don’t have it at home, you can use a little olive oil or any oily moisturizer you have.
- Once you have done it, you can polish it up, use a cotton cloth to rub. And voila, you will not use a mirror again, your shoes will be as shiny as they have just bought.
Also Read: how to take care of a tattoo