While you can only show short excerpts from your company and your work with the standard 60-second videos, you can go deeper into a topic with IGTV videos and explain certain content in more detail. In the following article, we get to know about How to go live on Instagram? So don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it’s going to be very useful for you guys.
However, what you won’t be able to do with an IGTV video is to build a deeper relationship with your community and address their questions in more detail.
Instagram live streams are beneficial for this.
Table of Contents
How to go live on Instagram
1. Adjust your Instagram Live settings
Before you go live on Instagram, you should check your settings to ensure everything is set the way you want it to be.
To get to your Instagram Live settings, you have to do the following:
- Open the Instagram app
- Go over the camera icon or top left by a wipe to the right in the view camera.
- At the bottom, you can see a list of the different camera modes, such as “Normal,” “Shape,” or “Boomerang.” On the far left of this row, you get to the live mode. Wipe until it is in the middle.
- You are now in Instagram Live mode. To get to the settings, click on the round settings symbol in the top left.
- Once there, you can now make various settings to go live on Instagram. For example, you have the option to hide your Instagram stories and live videos from specific users.
2. Filter out inappropriate comments
If you want to avoid seeing inappropriate comments in your live stream, you have the option to hide offensive comments automatically.
In addition, you can hide comments that contain specific terms or phrases, which helps you and your community not to be distracted by unnecessary insults from the actual topic. You can focus more on the serious questions and opinions of your viewers.
This is how you can make the settings for comments:
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to your profile in the lower right corner.
- Click on the three bars in the upper right corner and then go to your settings.
- Go to the “Privacy” category.
- Now select the “”Comments”” category from the “”Interactions”” area.
- Now you can set who can comment on your live videos and what kind of comments should not be shown in your live stream.
This is how you go live on Instagram.
Now that you’ve made all the necessary settings, it’s time to go live.
If you need a few tips on how to create professional content for your live streams to go live on Instagram, take a look at our blog article, in which we will explain how you can use Instagram live for your business.
To start a live stream:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go over the camera icon on the top left or by a wiper to the right in the camera view.
- Swipe down in the camera modes to the “Live” mode (far left).
- Click the button that starts your live stream. Before going live, however, make sure you have a strong internet connection so that hang-ups and blurry images are not a problem.
- Give your followers a little time to join your live stream before you jump right into the topic you want to talk about to go live on Instagram. It is best to bridge this time with a bit of small talk for a minute or two.
- During the live stream, you have the opportunity to enter your video using various functions, something fun to make. Below, next to the comment line, multiple symbols are listed with which you can, for example, start a question and answer session, send a direct message to a specific user to go live on Instagram, or add another Instagram user to your video.
- If you want to end your live stream, click on “End” in the upper right corner and confirm this by tapping to go live on Instagram. Want to create your live video for your record store? You can top left the icon, click it.
Now you are perfectly prepared for your first live stream on Instagram.
Make sure you know what you want to talk to your viewers about and that you’ve checked everything else, like a stable internet connection.
Have fun with your first live video.
Also read: how long does it take to digest food