Do you remember the last time you cleaned the AirPods? If not, then get up and clean the AirPods as they can make a mess for you. If you don’t remember the time, it is the perfect time to come and clean the AirPods. Over time, the air pods get wax and damage themselves. Hence protection of the AirPods is necessary with time. The ear wax and grease accumulate over the earbuds and give voice quality with time. In the following article, we get to know about how to clean AirPods? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
For good quality, regular cleaning of the air pods is required. Getting the gunk and dirt over the earbuds can harm the voice quality. Be careful while cleaning the AirPods, keep them clean, and don’t use them roughly.
Table of Contents
Before starting the AirPods, make sure that the air pods are not connected with another device. To connect with the perfect device, turn off to remove all connections and then connect them with the specific device.
Reasons behind cleaning of Airpods
The ears usually produce ear wax which is called cerumen. When there are excess earbuds, the wax usually sticks to them and can cause infection. If the earbuds are not cleaned regularly with efficient steps, it may cause the infection to move down to the ear canal.
Cleaning of the Airpods
There are some steps of cleaning the AirPods:
- Clean the tips of the air pods by removing the earphones and putting them in soapy water for 30 minutes.
- If the earbuds are dirty enough, use the clean cloth or cotton swab to remove any other dirty particles like ear wax or dirt.
- For the microphone and speaker, use the dry cotton swab. Don’t try to press too hard.
- If there are wireless earbuds, then they are placed in some cases. Try to clean the case and the jacket pocket.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to remove all the dirt from the AirPods
- If the AirPods are extra dirty, use the microfiber cloth to dry the dirty area of the AirPods.
How to clean AirPods Pro
For cleaning the AirPods pro, there are some simple steps to follow
- Remove the ear tips and rinse with water
- Dry the tips with a cloth piece
- When the earpieces are dry, please put them in their place.
How to clean AirPods Max
Take a little grease to get the shining clean. Start with a basic cleaning method by wiping down the damp, lint-free cloth and using another microfiber cloth. For cleaning the grime headbands and cushions, follow the instructions as provided:
- Remove the ear cushions
- Use one teaspoon of detergent in a cup of water
- Dip a lint-free cloth in the solution and use it to remove the dirt.
Air pods have water resistance power:
The air pods are not waterproof. They are water absorbent. For cleaning them, try to use the steps mentioned above. The use of water can damage the AirPods. Don’t try to expose the AirPods to water for a long time.
Also read: how to get rid of dark spots on face