A sore throat can have many causes, and consequently, many specific remedies. We know and choose the natural ones before or instead of taking antibiotics. In the following article, we learn how to get rid of a sore throat fast? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be handy for you guys.
The sore throat is knocking at our door and is about to enter. We can still remedy it, avoid it, or stem it if it has already arrived, without immediately resorting to antibiotics to get rid of a sore throat fast with tricks and natural remedies, of course.
Table of Contents
How to get rid of a sore throat: rinses
Gargling with salt water (a tablespoon of salt or baking soda in a glass of warm water) relieves sore throats caused by irritants such as ‘ dry air (especially one that comes from air conditioners or heating ). They also act as modulators of secretions in case the sore throat is due to a fat cough.
The licorice acts as an anti-inflammatory: A study in India showed that gargling with water and licorice root have mitigated the pain from throat surgery intubation in patients who have used the drug to get rid of a sore throat fast. The leftover licorice infusion from the rinses can be drunk and also relieve the esophageal tract and stomach.
How to get rid of a sore throat: herbal teas, infusions, sprays
- Honey: our mothers and grandmothers put it in tea or directly in hot water. Research now confirms this: A study of 139 children with respiratory problems found that honey improved their nocturnal cough more than drugs.
- Cinnamon: excellent in the preparation of anti-inflammatory infusions.
- Mint: Menthol reduces mucus and soothes inflammation. Scientific studies show that its action is superior to that of a placebo. Mint sprays can relieve sore throats while also treating its causes. In addition to freshening your breath!
- Propolis: It is produced by bees to protect against bacteria and works great for getting rid of a sore throat fast. A spray for direct action, or dry extract tablets, exists on the market to support the immune system.
How to get rid of a sore throat: natural supplements
Before buying supplements, increase your consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, vegetable proteins. Abundant with onion and garlic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. In this way, you will have an ample supply of precious vitamins and minerals to restore health.
If that’s not enough, you can resort to natural supplements that stimulate the immune system: Echinacea, Astragalus, vitamin C, garlic (also exists inconvenient dry extract tablets), propolis.
How to make a sore throat go away: try.
- Stop smoking: Smoking, among other damages, irritates the mucous membranes.
- Change your toothbrush: bacteria from the oral cavity can spread in the throat and inflamed it.
- Use a humidifier: Sore throat upon waking up can be caused by an environment that is too dry. Humidifying the bedroom with a humidifier can solve the problem of dryness.
- Treating gastroesophageal reflux: At night, reflux can irritate and cause a sore throat when you wake up. Sleeping with a pillow under your shoulders, remaining slightly raised from the horizontal plane, can relieve the symptoms of reflux (which must still be treated with the support of your doctor).
In any case, never ignore a sore throat that lasts more than a week. If you have a high fever, sore tonsils, or severe pain, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor. In addition, any smoker who has a persistent and severe sore throat should have a medical examination.
Also read: how to fix scratches on car