Gmail is the most powerful medium of communication in the professional world. All your business dealings and messages are conveyed by sending an email. If you have a wrong account or you want to change your name to start conversations for a new job, but you don’t know how to delete it, then this article will help you a lot. Read the complete article before taking any step. In the following article, we learn how to delete a Gmail account? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Note: Keep one thing in mind that once you delete your account, all your mails will be automatically deleted, and no longer will you receive any mail, nor will you be able to have a backup of that mails. The positive thing is that no one can use your previous user name for their accounts to delete your Gmail account.
Table of Contents
Why did you delete your Gmail account?
The question arises what the reasons behind deleting your previous account are. There would be different reasons such as:
- You are below the age, and now you are getting spam emails.
- Another and most appropriate reason is that you are now working for a new firm and need a new account for official use, so you have to delete the old one.
How to delete it on desktop:
Before deleting your Gmail account, first, download your data. After downloading your data follow the following steps to delete your Gmail account.
- Go to Google and open Gmail.
- Sign in to your account by entering your user name and password.
- After you are signed in, click on the profile icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Now to manage your Google account, click on manage your google account.
- Now move towards the Data and personalization tab.
- Now it’s time to delete your account, so click on Delete your service or account option to delete it.
- At this stage, google demands a verification from your side. You have to verify by providing your password.
- If you forgot to download your data before, you still have a chance to download it by clicking on download your data from this window.
- You see trash here. Click on this trash to move further.
- Now enter another email to verify. Click on the verification button to send this email as verification.
- The last step is to log in to the email you just sent to complete the deletion process.
How to delete it on iPhone:
- First, download the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Open the menu from your Gmail app.
- Click on your profile and select manage your google account from the settings option.
- Now search data and personalization options and click on them.
- After selecting this, you will see a dialogue box where you will see download data, delete or make a plan for your data.
- First, download your Data if you haven’t downloaded it. Because once you delete your account, your data will no longer entertain you.
- After that, click on the Delete your account option.
- After that, google asks you for permission or security verifications.
- After providing all the verifications, you will delete your account.
Also read: how to remove lice from hair permanently.