Have you ordered a computer on Amazon but realized that you had chosen the wrong model? Have you decided to give a book to your little sister but after the package delivery did you realize that you had chosen the wrong author? If you’re wondering if it’s possible to cancel an order on Amazon, read on to find out how to do it.
Yes, it is possible to cancel an order on Amazon. The right of withdrawal for any product purchased on the internet is always possible if it is exercised within 14 days of delivery. In fact, even if the product has already been shipped or delivered, Amazon allows you to cancel the paid order (in this case, the shipping costs are at your expense). The warranties are minor if you have purchased a product from third-party sellers and not from Amazon.
What do you say? Do you think you are unable to block orders on Amazon and get a refund? Don’t despair: if you read this guide carefully, you will find that cancelling an Amazon order is easier than you think!
Table of Contents
Cancel an order on Amazon before it is shipped
As we already mentioned initially, most of the items purchased and shipped from Amazon can be cancelled. To cancel an order on Amazon and remove an item, you must follow this procedure :
- Log into your Amazon account ;
- Open the “My orders” section located at the top right of the “my account” menu ;
- Search for the item you want to remove from your orders and click on the “Remove Items” button. If the wording “Order already shipped” appears, it is not possible to remove them, while if the Order has not yet shipped, click on “Remove items”;
- Select the article you want to remove and click on the “Remove Selected Articles” button ;
- From the drop-down menu, select the “Reason for Cancellation” (e.g. Order created by mistake, the items would not arrive on time) and click on the “Request cancellation” button to cancel the Order.
At this point, you will receive a confirmation email from Amazon for the cancellation of the Order and the relative refund of the amount already charged to your credit card or Paypal.
How to cancel a third-party Amazon order
As already mentioned above, it is always possible to cancel an Amazon order even if 30 minutes have elapsed from the relative Order. The problem arises when purchasing products from third parties. In this case, you must contact the seller who can reserve the right not to accept the request for cancellation of the Order after 30 minutes from the purchase. The procedure to follow is as follows:
- Open the “My Orders” section;
- Click on “Contact the seller” in the item next to the Order you wish to cancel ;
- Select the item “Cancel Order”;
- Indicate the reason for the cancellation under “Select the reason for cancellation.”
Also, in this case, you will receive by email the request for cancellation of the Order. And possibly the relative refund. The problem arises if the Order has entered the so-called shipping process. You will find the wording “Status”: in shipment or already shipped. All you can do is wait for the package to be delivered and possibly use the Amazon returns centre.
Also read: how to get rid of acne scars