Did you buy the latest smartphone and after having spent a fortune want to ensure that your new device is adequately protected? While normal wear and tear is inevitable, investing in a good phone case to prevent substantial damage does make sense.
The problem these days is one of plenty. Millions of options have flooded the smartphone accessories market making it difficult for an average user to pick one. But don’t you worry, we bring to you a breakdown of the different kinds of phone cases that you must consider. Let’s get right down to it.
- Wallet phone cases – First we wanted our smartphone to help us with multiple tasks by functioning as an alarm clock, camera and so on. Now, we demand the same from smartphone cases. Wallet phone cases for oppo are a rage these days as they perform dual jobs of a wallet and a phone case.
Mostly, these are made of leather and also cover the front screen of the phone. Depending on the specific product, the number of card slots may vary. Along with the outer leather covering, the inner card case offers premium protection to the phone.
2. Hard back cases – As the name suggests, these types of cases have only one job – to protect the back of the phone (along with the four corners in some cases). To fulfill this, they are generally made of hard material.
The advantages of hard back cases is that they are not just cheaper as compared to other types of cases but also lighter in weight and can be found in a multitude of designs to suit your taste. The only disadvantage being that since they are very light weight, they crack easily when falling from a height.
3. Flip cases – Though not as popular as wallet phone cases, flip cases also provide all round protection to a smartphone. There was a time when flip cases were on fleek. Even today, there are people who swear by the benefits of a flip case.
Created out of leather, they can be found in lots of colors. However, due to the limited availability of designs, they do not find favor among the young. In terms of protection offered, they are arguably the best. Flip can be horizontal or vertical. Since smartphones are very big these days, the horizontal flip works best.
4. Skins – All the three types discussed above are extremely important from a protection point of view. But there is something called aesthetic also. Not to say that the one mentioned earlier cannot be pleasing to the eye, but phone skins are super popular in Gen Z. Looks apart, they are also loved because they are budget friendly too.
Personalization is crucial for many. Phone skins are the optimal choice for them. Not only do they give your smartphone a personal touch, they also prevent scratches. The range of designs are only as limited as your creative mind, meaning that they come in all designs.
5. Metal cases – We are moving into the premium category here. Since these are made of metals like aluminum, they are a tad bit expensive. The strength of the metal makes them heavy but at the same time it offers excellent protection. The best part is that the phone does not get heated due to the metal body.
Apart from being a little heavy on the pocket, they are also heavy in weight. Further, you may not find metal cases for all phones and all models. In some websites like dhgate oppo brand, samsung, apple and many other brands’ cases can be found.
6. Rugged cases – If your main concern is that you are clumsy and tend to drop your phone a lot, then going for a rugged case is your best bet. A good rugged case will protect your phone from extreme shocks. They are easy to find and inexpensive. However, people who like colorful designs may be in for a disappointment.
Considering that we have not even scratched the surface when it comes to the different types of smart phone cases, it is no wonder that you are confused in your choice. We hope we made it a bit easier.