Writing a get well card could seem straightforward, express your feelings of support, and that’s it. While that approach is the right one, you do have to select the words carefully with the recipient’s trouble in mind.
Get well wishes are more than just words; your positive energy and empathy could help with the recovery from illness or accident, breakup, or personal tragedy. For your words to hit the right button, they need to reflect how close you are to the person.
A personal message with special meta-slang is the best for the closest circle, while inspirational quotes can be great, but don’t reflect the closeness as much.
Table of Contents
Here Are The Top 10 Tips For Writing Wishes To Help You Navigate This Slippery Terrain.
Tips For Writing Wishes
The type of getting well message depends on the situation and on the person you are writing the wishes. For religious people, you can include their faith to provide comfort. The message will be different for family and friends, kids, or co-workers.
If you are not sure what to say, you can get help from a writing service for Aussies, where top-rated writers with a ton of experience could write the appropriate get well soon wishes. Another option is to read our tips and suggestions.
Express Your Love Or Emotions In Getting The Well Message
The family has always been there for you, and now is the time to show your appreciation. It’s similar to close friends. Your get well wish should reflect your emotions, love, and gratitude.
- Missing your smile and the sound of your voice. Get well soon!
- Can’t wait for your speedy recovery so we can spend more time together!
- Hope you’ll feel better soon, and back to doing the things you love.
- You’re going to win this round. Don’t worry about the house, we’ve got you covered.
Use Jokes And Upbeat Messages
Humor and positive vibes can uplift the recipient, and a smile is both therapeutic and can help with the recovery. Just make sure that your joke is appropriate and not offensive.
- There are easier ways to skip work, you know. Get well soon!
- Germs, like everyone else, find you irresistible! Get well soon!
Don’t change the way you communicate with the person you’re writing to. Act as you would usually in that relationship. If you are not sure what to write, try with some of the classic short, get well wishes.
- Hope you feel better soon!
- Missing seeing you around. Get well soon!
- Sending positive vibes in your direction!
Send Prayers To Religious People
Faith is an integral part of life for many people, and a known sanctuary when things are tough. Emphasize their faith and include spiritual elements in your get well message.
- Praying for you!
- You are in my thoughts and prayers, hope you get well soon!
- Hope you will find the strength. God Bless you!
Use Inspirational Quotes
Although they might seem distant, and not as personal as your own words, inspirational quotes can offer comfort and be uplifting. If you know the recipient’s favorite author or quote, it will be even better.
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” -Nelson Mandela
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” -Albert Einstein
- “The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” —Voltaire
Quotes Work With Religious Get Well Wishes To
Holy books are an inspiration for many people, and at the same time, they have excellent literature value. Similar to other inspirational quotes, religious verses or lines can be inspirational.
- He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29
- Call unto Me, and I will answer you… Jeremiah 33:3
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped. Psalm 28:7
Let The Person Know Your Thinking of Them
- Express with words the feeling of support and remind the recipient you are thinking of him.
- You are in my warmest thoughts, get well soon!
- I have no one to laugh at my stupid jokes — please get well soon!
Offer To Help
If you know that there are chores, housework, driving kids to school or walking the dog, offer your help. This can help the person to focus more on the recovery, just make sure you actually do what you promised.
- No matter what you need, I’m here for you!
- Don’t worry about a thing, we’ve got you covered!
Don’t Mention Death Or Fatalistic Phrases
Death is a big no in a get well messages, same as the notorious “ God has a plan.” Avoid death talks and fatalistic messages, and stay positive.
- Just wanted to remind you how important you are to me
- Not sure what to say, except I love you and I’m thinking of you
Distract Children From An Unpleasant Situation
The best message for kids is one that takes their mind from their illness or other uncomfortable situations. Try to encourage them and put a smile on their face.
- You are my little wizard; I’m sure your magic will help you get well soon.
- Sorry about your broken leg, but can’t wait to sign your cast!
If you don’t want to use our suggestions, and you insist on original writing, there are lots of resources that can help you practice your style and the quality of writing.
Don’t Overthink It
Wheater you use your own words, our suggestions, or inspirational quotes, the most important thing is to send the message. Feeling you’re not alone in a time of trouble has healing powers. You need to think about the get well message, about the context, your relation to the person and their condition, and at the same time, you shouldn’t overthink about what to write. If your concern is genuine, there is a good chance your wish will do the trick and help the person feel better.