To set up Voicemail on your iPhone, you have to proceed differently depending on the provider. With the iPhone you can also use “Visual Voicemail”. The messages are saved on your device and clearly displayed in a list.
Set up the answering machine with Visual Voicemail on the iPhone
In order to be able to use “Visual Voicemail” at all, you must first activate the service. You can then easily set up the answering machine. But first, clarify with your respective mobile phone provider whether this will incur additional costs for you.
- First, open the phone app on your iPhone. Then select “Voicemail” at the bottom left.
- If the mailbox is now called directly, you still have to activate “Visual Voicemail”. This process differs depending on the provider.
- Telekom customers send an SMS with the text “VVM” to 3011. Vodafone customers call the number 5500 and then enter sequence 245. O2 customers call 333 and then dial 982.
- Now select the “Voicemail” in the phone app again. This should now correspond to the screenshot.
- If you then tap on the “Greeting” button in the top left, you can set your mailbox greeting individually again.
- Note: Visual Voicemail is not only supported by the major mobile network providers. Smaller providers such as “Edeka Mobil” also use the technology. Since Edeka Mobil uses the Vodafone network, the settings are the same as for the D2 provider. You should therefore definitely test out Visual Voicemail.
Table of Contents
Set up Telekom answering machine using speed dials: How to set up voicemail
You can also change the mailbox announcement using speed dials. For Telekom customers it works as follows:
- Call 3311 to go to the main mailbox menu.
- Select the number 3.
- You can record your personal announcement by entering the number 3 again.
Set up the answering machine at Vodafone
As a Vodafone customer, you can set up your mailbox as follows:
- Call 5500 to go to the main mailbox menu.
- Now select the number 2.
- Enter the number 2 again to set up a personal greeting.
Also Read: how to send a letter