Making corns at home is as easy as boiling an egg, but here we have a lot of tips to make corns on the cob at home. Whenever I make it home, I start thinking about my childhood when I spent my summer holidays at my grandmother’s town, and here they made boiled corns for me as a side dish. In the following article, we get to know about So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
The small beans with sweet and mouth buttering flavor are yellow beans of corn tastier than white beans. So, it’s good to take yellow corn cob to make delicious side dishes.
Corn is famous worldwide because of its taste and benefits and is known by different names.
Table of Contents
Benefits of corn
Corn is famous among children and elders because of its taste and body benefits.
Corns contain fiber that removes your appetite, thus helpful in weight loss. The fiber helps the bowl’s movement and thus helps prevent constipation and colon cancer.
Corn also prevent the absorption of cholesterol, thus helping to decrease cholesterol level.
Corn is rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect your cells from damage and wards off diseases like cancer and heart disease.
The Corn is rich in vitamin B, essential for brain health and proper functioning.
Corn is a source of energy with carbohydrates that digest slowly and help decrease the blood’s insulin level.
Yellow corn contains carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin. These are the natural elements present in our eyes to make our vision, so consuming corns makes your eyesight stronger.
Corn is a memory booster that contains vitamin B1 that is thiamine. Thiamine is required to make acetylcholine in our bodies, a neurotransmitter that helps in memory boosters.
Thiamine is required to make acetylcholine in our bodies
Corn is used in kidney and urinary infections.
Uses of corns
Corns are used all over the year in our houses. In summer, we use them in salads, and in winter, we consume them in soups, strews, and Chilla.
We also consume it in tacos, pizza, and many sweet corn goodies all over the year.
Bakery products (biscuits, bread, crackers, fillings, icing, macaroons, pretzels, cookies, crackers, wafers, etc.)
They are used in Food acids and commercially packed juices.
Corn flour is also used in gravies, soups, desserts, and custards.
Jams, jellies, marmalades, and preserves
Medicinal preparations & intravenous (injections, pills, tablets, drugs, etc.)
Fish pickled and many flavored extracts
Sometimes used in replacement of gelatin.
Dehydrated powder soup powders are prepared at the commercial level.
Meat products include bacon, bologna, hams, sausage, frankfurters, mincemeat, etc.
Spices and mustard preparations.
Toothpaste preparing process.
Medical, drugs, and syrup preparation
Pre-cooked frozen vegetables.
Also, corn flour, corn oil, and corn syrup are used at the home or commercial level.
How to cook corn
The corn is cooked in many ways like boiled, roasted, or other combinations. So, let’s start preparing the corn at home.
How to make corn on the cob
First, remove the corn leaves and a few threads like filaments present on corn beneath the leaves.
- Now wash and clean the corns twice to prevent all the dust prints.
- Then take a large pot, fill it with water, and let it boil on high flame.
- Now move the corn cobs into the boiling water and let them cook for 20-25 minutes by covering the pot.
- After that, check that all the corn beans are well cooked, turn off the flame, and enjoy simple corn bites.
Sweet corn on the cob
- After removing the leaves and thread-like filaments, wash the corn cobs and cut them half lengthwise.
- Now add 1-liter milk and a little sugar to the pot and let it boil on a high flame.
- Lower the flame level, start putting small sweet corns, and boil with a covered pot.
- After 10-15 minutes, or when all milk is cooked, check the corn bean that is firm and soft.
- While cooking, keep stirring and change the cob position to cook uniformly.
- Now with a fork, spoon, or spatula, move the corn cobs on tha plate.
- Garnish the sweet cobs with honey and butter, and enjoy.
Salty and sour corns
- Remove the leaves and threads on the corn for protection and rinse with water.
- Now, add enough water to a pot that the corns cobs are submerged.
- Add 3-4 jalapeno, lemon slices, and a little salt, and let them boil.
- When the water starts boiling, move the corn cobs into the jalapeno lemon water, and cook for 5-10 minutes. Keep stirring while cooking.
- Now move the corn cobs to the plate and drain the excess water.
- Now sprinkle a little salt, squeeze a lemon on the top, and have Mexican spices enhance the sour, spicy flavor.
- Also, add mint leaves on the top and taste the jalapeno-flavored corn.
Grill the corn cobs
- 8 Corn cobs
- Soy sauce
- Chilli sauce
- Onion chopped into long strips.
- Lemon slices
- Cucumber slices
- Green chilies
- Herbs like parsley, coriander, and mint leaves
- You can enjoy the grill corn cobs with or without removing the leaves.
- If you remove the leaves, you can taste the smoky grilled corn cobs, but in the case of leaves, you can enjoy half-grilled half-boiled like moistured corn cobs with different garnishings. So let’s start!!!
- Wash the 4 corn combs with leaves and 4 without leaves.
- Then preheat your griller at maximum temperature.
- Now put all the cobs in it and cover for 4 minutes, then change the side and add butter on them and a little salt.
- Also, grill the green chilies, onions, garlic cloves, herbs, lemon, and cucumber marinated with chili sauce and soya sauce.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked by firming outside and soft inside. And the vegetables become soft and crunchy.
- Meanwhile, keep checking and stirring to prevent burning.
- You can also place burning coal in the middle of the grill to get a smoky bbq taste.
- Now set the without leaves corn cobs on a plate with onions, lemon, garlic, and cucumber.
- And the corn cobs with leaves are on the other plate. Remove the leaves and add chili sauce, bbq sauce, cheese, and pesto sauce according to your taste.
- Taste both types of corn cobs with your friends and family.
Also read: how to make egg rolls.