Novice parents are always in a hurry to change the baby’s diaper for the first time, but they can successfully change the diaper of a newborn baby by mastering a few tips. Here are some standard procedures for pre-preparation and diaper changing for your reference.
It is recommended that you plan the location of the diaper table in your home in advance, and choose a suitable diaper table size for a placement. When buying a changing table, you must first pay attention to safety. The height of the changing table must also match your height. Too high or too low will cause your inconvenience. Some diaper tables have enough storage capacity, and there are multiple storage spaces for you to put diaper changing supplies, such as diapers, wet wipes, spare gauze towels, and so on.
If you have more than one floor in your home, it is a good idea to set up several changing tables at the same time within the range of activities. In this way, all the necessary items are readily available.
Hold your baby tightly when changing diapers
Even if your changing table has a strap, it is recommended that you hold your baby with one hand when changing diapers. Some babies move around when changing diapers, they may turn around, twist, or fall off the changing table, so be sure to hold your baby to be safe from time to time.
Make diaper changing fun
Some babies like to change diapers, but most babies are nervous when changing diapers. It is inevitable that babies move around when changing diapers. Put some pictures or toys around the changing table to attract the baby’s attention and make you relax.
You may not be proficient at the beginning, but after a long time you will be familiar with it, sing some songs or talk to your baby, tell them what they are doing now, wait a little bit, let them use both hands to “help” take things, etc., you will be more Know how to let your baby change diapers obediently. Babies like to be curious about the colorful patterns on the diapers, so you can also give them a clean diaper to play with. Attract your baby’s attention or make your baby feel that their cooperation is an important part of the diaper changing process, making it easier for you to change your baby’s diaper.
Step-by-step instruction for change baby’s diaper
Are you worried about changing your baby’s diaper? Here are the standard procedures for changing diapers for your reference:
- Wash your hands first, do a good job of hand cleaning, to avoid infection of the baby’s sensitive genitals.
- Lay your baby on his back on the changing table and wear a safety harness.
- Open the clean diaper and put it under the baby’s buttocks first.
- Open the dirty diaper, fold the edge patch and put it back into a sticky wrap to prevent leakage and stain you and your baby.
- Cover your baby’s genitals with a small towel to prevent your baby from peeing and spraying on you.
- Grasp the baby’s ankle with one hand, gently lift their ass, and pull the diaper out. If the baby has stool, clean it with a dirty diaper as much as possible, then wrap the diaper and place the baby’s buttocks on it to keep the new diaper clean.
- Use Huggies pure water wipes to clean your baby’s butt, and use drinking-grade pure water, which is pure and unburdened. It has also passed various safety tests: heavy metal detection. Formaldehyde detection, no tearing detection, skin sensitivity detection, and total bacterial count detection. Use Huggies pure water wipes when the baby changes diapers to help mothers effectively. Clean the baby’s butt without hurting sensitive skin. Please remember to clean the creases of the baby’s inner thighs and ass, and only wipe it from the front to the back.
baby’s butt dry to change a diaper
- Let the baby’s butt dry for a few minutes, then pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Put on diaper rash cream, butt cream, or petroleum jelly. Curious diapers are recommended for newborn baby diapers. Changing diapers frequently can help prevent diaper rash.
- Remove the dirty diaper and set it aside. A clean new diaper is ready to be changed under the baby’s buttocks.
- front half of the diaper
- Pull the front half of the diaper to the baby’s abdomen. If it is a newborn, fold the waist so that it will not cover the umbilical cord. For a male baby, place the penis down so that it will not pee outside the diaper.
- Make sure that the diaper between your baby’s legs is loose and comfortable. Tighten the diaper tightly, but not so tightly that it will pinch the baby’s skin. If it is a male baby, please stick the patches on both sides downward.
- Dress your baby and place it in a safe place, such as a play mat or crib.
- Next, it recommends throwing the baby’s poop into the toilet to flush it. And then fold the dirty diaper to wrap the diaper. It is best to put it in a plastic bag and seal it before throwing it into the trash can or diaper bucket. You can also buy diapers. The processor reduces the odor of dirty diapers.
- Remember to clean your hands thoroughly with hand sanitizer after changing diapers to avoid the spread of bacteria.
Also Read: how long to keep tax returns