Nearly everyone in the world has a particular field or niche that they aspire to work in, and among the most creative of that lot are those with a zeal for fashion and its related classes. Many of them aspire to one day own their personal clothing brand or boutique. If you feel like you have the passion and dedication to open your own clothing franchise, one of the important, yet difficult things to decide will be its name. With many people in the world sharing a love for clothes and the desire to buy unique designs – there is a booming market for new fashion ventures.
As such, having a unique name is absolutely essential. Your name will not just represent your business, but also your brand. A truly good name is one that’s the perfect balance – catchy and artistic yet manages to capture the essence of your business vision. While some people utilize names generators for getting new ideas for names, some prefer to think of one themselves. Here’s a compiled list of a few points to keep in mind while deciding a name for your business:
“A brand is a voice and a product is a souvenir.” – Lisa Gansky
1. Brand Value: It’s very important that the name you choose be brandable now as well as have potential growth in the future too. Keeping it simple will also allow it to be that much easier to market. Keeping it simple will also mean that your customers will find it easy to remember and spell when and if they an online for your business.
2. Market Niche: Ensure that your name generates a connection to the niche of products you choose to focus on. At the very least, it must not seem incompatible with your brand of products. But if you plan on growing and scaling to other market niches or related niches then opt for a business name that represents the larger category.
3. Personal Names: There are many companies and business’ that hold the names of personal individuals. It’s perfectly fine if you think a personal name would fit your brand and your products.
4. Consult close ones: While there might be many names that make you interested, it’s always better to take a second opinion from family or close friends. A fresh perspective from a diverse set of people can maybe give you some insight to a better name.
5. Business Vision: Make sure your business name is in line with the vision you have of it and conforms to the direction you would like to take it to. If you don’t give importance to this now then you may have to rebrand and even change your business name, which is quite a hassle!
6. Google It: Yes, it’s that simple. While it isn’t a complete guarantee, it could at least give you a few good ideas, which might be better than nothing. Use this when you’ve hit a mental wall.
7. Verify potential trademarks: The world’s a big place and with a ton of people competing, there’s a very high chance of people having the same idea as you. As such, it’s better to investigate any potential contenders for your business name and make sure it isn’t already claimed by another company or business.
8. Create a connection: The name should instantly connect with your target audience. It should engage your niche market but still have enough charisma and charm to attract potential new customers from other classes in the fashion industry too. Also, it’s better to stay away from names that inspire negative feelings. For example, an aggressive name would be okay in the context of an adventure or rugged clothing lines. However, those lines that favor elegance in their fashion design would do well to go with a softer name.
Get new ideas for your business name with Shopify’s name generator.
With the advent of the Information Age, many people have turned to the power of the internet to help them with this task. This is where a names generator comes in handy. The blocks of software known as ‘names generator’ have existed for a long time. However, with the development of new hardware, these have undergone an upgrade too.
A modern-day internet names generator is much more powerful than those of old. A good example is Shopify’s Business Name Generator. It doesn’t just check and correlate your potential names against a database of thousands of business’, it also provides information on any infringements on trademarks. Along with Shopify’s online store, you can turn your clothing line into an online brand with the best name that describes your business vision and is unique and catchy at the same time.
Famous Clothing Quotes
“Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” – Lauren Hutton
“ Dressing well is a form of good manners .” – Tom Ford
“Florals for spring? Groundbreaking.” – Miranda Priestly
“One is never over-dressed or under-dressed with a Little Black Dress.” – Karl Lagerfeld
“The customer is the final filter. What survives the whole process is what people wear. I’m not interested in making clothes that end up in some dusty museum.” – Marc Jacobs
“ The dress must not hang on the body but follow its lines. It must accompany its wearer and when a woman smiles the dress must smile with her .” – Madeleine Vionnet
“I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it.” – Alexander McQueen
“Clothing is ultimately the suit of armor in which we battle the world .” – ophia Amoruso
“Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.” – Christian Louboutin
“I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet.” – Carrie Bradshaw